QUAINT is a pan-European Coordination Action on Optimal Control of Quantum Systems, funded by the European Commission Framework Programme 7, Future Emerging Technologies FET-OPEN programme. The objectives of the Coordination Action are as follows:
- To bring the ongoing projects in Optimal Control of Quantum Systems (funded by a variety of national and European agencies) into a European coordination framework.
- To take advantage of the breadth of expertise available in a large cooperative framework to produce a summary of consensus on the current state of the art and generate a common vision for future development in Quantum ICT.
- To contribute to knowledge transfer and reduce project risks associated with the notoriously complicated Quantum Systems technologies by sharing primary data, simulation results and software across the Consortium.
- To contribute to the development of early career scientists through the organization of meetings and workshops in Optimal Control of Quantum Systems.
- To contribute to the public understanding of science and technology by working with popular science reporting media to ensure that the reports are engaging, yet scientifically accurate.
- To engage with industrial companies with a view to transfer the expertise available within the Quantum Optimal Control community and reach a common vision on subsequent research and development work in the area.
- To provide policymakers with clear summaries of current scientific consensus and with outlooks on quantum processes in the context of Information and Communication Technologies.